The MA’AJIN WATARI FOUNDATION (MWF) was founded in April 2007 and launched on the 8th of June, 2010 in Zakirai town Gabasawa Local Government Area of Kano state of the Federal Republic of Nigerian. The founder who is also the Chairman Board of Trustees is Dr.Abba Ahmad,Ma’ajin Watarin Kano and District Head of Kabo in Kano State. Other members of the Board of Trustees of the Ma’ajin Watari Abba Ahmad Foudation are Alhaji Muzzammil A Ahmad,Alhaji Muddathir A Ahmad,Waheeda A Ahmad and Shaheeda A Ahmad.
In contemporary world, Foundation is founded/established to serve ALMIGHTY ALLAH and also to serve humanity. Global Organization like this Foundation is confronted with varied, complex and intricate social, economic and political problems. Governments throughout the world are involved in finding effective and lasting solutions to the numerous social and economic problems confronting the modern world particularly in educational, health care and social sectors of the economy. Religious conflicts arising from religious differences/background leads to social disorganization within the community.
It is obvious that all the problems facing the modern world cannot be solved by Government alone. Hence, the need for privately sponsored foundations to supplements the efforts of Government in finding effective and lasting solutions to the numerous problems could not be overemphasize.
The establishment of Ma’ajin Watari Foundation was conceived as a result of global economic recession which was responsible for the inability of so many governments particularly in Nigeria to provide the basic essential needs to its populace.
We all appreciate the government’s efforts in providing social services to the citizens of this Nation, but that efforts could not be sustained because of the heavy burden the government is shouldering in trying to provide other social services to the people in so many sectors of the economy. This foundation and similar organization around the world – if join hands together will certainly compliment the effort of governments in providing essential services to the people. These services include the following;
- Qualitative community education especially science subjects that could lead more Female to read Medicine and other paramedical courses.
• Educating the community to respect each other’s religion and tolerate one another regardless of their religious belief and differences. Since the importance of such NGOs is fully identified and recognized it is therefore absolutely necessary for the NGOs to make people be aware that it is not only the responsibility of the Governments but indeed the community as a whole, by participating and contributing actively particularly financially with a view to reducing the heavy burden on the government to enable it (government) provide better and qualitative social services. This could be achieved by flashing up the skeletal services being rendered by the government and identify government problem with a view to finding an effective and lasting solution. Similarly it is being assumed that for any social services being rendered by the government to be meaningful and fully utilized and valued it must therefore be an object of identification for the people who are to utilize and value it.
It is against this background that I am appealing to all foundations and similar NGO regardless of their ideological differences to come together and team up to assist the governments in providing qualitative social services to various field of endeavours of the community.
The aims and objectives of such foundations throughout the modern world are always patriotic, progressive and revolutionary.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE MA’AJIN WATARI ABBA AHMED FOUNDATION (MWF)
The aims and objectives of the Ma’ajin Watari Foundation (MWF) are as follows:
- The attention of the Foundation will be geared towards producing at least 2300 female doctors i.e. 50 from each of the 44 local governments of Kano State and 100 from two local governments of Jigawa State. We hope to achieve this target at least by 2018.
To achieve this noble goal, the Foundation will provide well equipped laboratory, science text books such as Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Mathematics and English as well as Islamic studies. Similarly, the Foundation will provide writing materials, uniforms and other teaching aids to the students while governments will provide classrooms and qualified teachers. The beneficiary of this noble gesture will be students of senior secondary schools level.
i. Propagation of Islam to reduce conflict between Muslims and Christians in Nigeria, so that peaceful co-existence can be encouraged and promoted between adherent of the two religions in Nigeria.
- Establishing of Islamic Missionary societies that will provide educational and medical facilities to less privileged non-muslim pagans (Maguzawa) communities by appreciating the beauty of divine ideals and principles of Islam so that they can willingly and peacefully embrace Islam as their religion.
iii. To liaise with Saudi authorities to provide meat realized from animals sacrificed by pilgrims during the annual pilgrimage to victims of religious conflicts especially widows whose husbands were killed during such religious uprising.
- To provide assistance (e.g. relief materials) to victims of ethnic/religious violence, particularly widows who lost their husbands as a result of religious uprising.
- To discourage the abuse of womanhood by some male medical doctors in Nigeria by providing Female Doctors as earlier discussed in the preceding page.
- To undertake research on the HOLY QUR’AN and prove that contemporary scientific knowledge and development is originated from the HOLY QUR’AN. This could be achieved through collaboration with other similar organizations globally, who have the same aims and objectives.
vii. To try to unify the various sects of Islam under one umbrella.
viii. To reduce and eradicate the “Almajirai/Street Begging Problem” in Nigeria by establishing Islamiyya schools in their respective localities in Nigeria.
- To reduce and eradicate Malaria in Nigeria by collaborating with Federal Ministry of Health in Nigeria, World Health Organization and other relevant organizations of the world by assisting with ideas and technical knowledge.
[singlepic id=5 w=320 h=240 float=left]ABOUT THE PIONEER
The man (Abba Ahmed) happens to hail from the Fulani Sect of “Mundubawa” that belongs to the state (Kano) whom his Ancestor (Emir of Kano “Suleiman”) was the first Fulani who was saddled with the responsibility of flying the flag of Islamic Dynasty of the Othman Dan Fodio Islamic Empire.
Alhaji Abba Ahmed, started his first and early education in Zakirai Town of Gabasawa Local Government, through Secondary school and various institutions of higher learning both at home and abroad and as far as “American University of Beirut (Lebanon)” where he obtained his degree in Environmental Sciences and became a Health Practitioner and Environmentalist.
Dr. Abba Ahmed served in public as well as private sector and contributed immensely in both.
PUBLIC SECTOR – NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL
• Federal Ministry of Health in the department of Food and Drugs Directorate now NAFDAC
– Pioneer of Food and Drugs Directorate now NAFDAC
– Single handedly put cholera outbreak under control in Kano State in the year 1974.
– Health facilities reached the door step of the less priviledged in 1970’s
• Served in the Nigeria Port Authority (NPA) in its Headquarters in Lagos and its London Branch.
• Served in the Nigerian National Supply Company in a Management capacity.
• Executive Director/CEO Abuja Environmental Protection Board (AEPB)
• Kano State Ministry of Health where he served in various capacities.
• Set up a company name Achila Int. Ltd.
– Provide insecticide to farmers.
– Provide Agricultural and Public Health services.
– Provide Environmental services
– Facility Management Control.
– All Environmental related services.
ABBA GRAPHICS LTD
– Provide all printing related Jobs and Gifts
– This company is widely spread with branches across the country in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Abuja and Kano.
Appointed Ma’ajin Watarin Kano by His Royal Highness The Emir of Kano on 16th July, 1993 and was later posted to Kabo Local Government as the District Head of Kabo Local Government and assume duty on 17th May, 2003.
INTERNATIONAL, NATIONAL, TRADITIONAL MEMBERSHIP AND AWARDS
– Member of Royal Society of Health, London
– Member of National Public Health Society
– Turbaned – Ma’ajin Watarin Kano on June 25th, 1993 by His Royal Highness Emir of Kano
– Honourable Member of Nigerian Institute of Public Relations Abuja Chapter
– Fellow Institute of Business Managers and Administrations of Nigeria (Ibadan) 1997
– Honorary Doctorate Degree of Administration conferred by Institute of Business Managers and Administration of Nigerian, September 14th, 1997
– Award of Philanthropist and Generous Service by Kabo Local Government Student’s Association, July, 2009
– Nigerian Selfless service Gold Award in appreciation of immense contribution to the development of Nigeria. Presented by Majesty Global Publications November 14th, 2009
– Great Northern – Nigeria Achievers Gold Award for Development in Appreciation for immense contributions to the development of Northern Nigeria. Presented by Majesty Global Publications. May 1st 2010.
30 replies on “About”
With great pleasure,sir we are happy to write to a great man of such calliber.certainly.you are the kind of leaders this country needs,it is only Almighty Allah that will reward you,for we have heard and read all about the projects,in zakirai,kabo,kwalli,and the ungoing projects of islamic schls.so we pray for you,so as God will provide for you long life,and more prosperity.to enable you undertake your future plans,with people like you,the masses will not suffer.
Umar A. U.(H.O.D. Sciences)
for :First Grade Comp. Schl. Kano.
Thank you very much for your kind and encouraging statement about me personally and my Foundation. However, forgive me for failing to reply you on time.Kindly bear with me.I pray to Allah SWA to have alot of people of the same idiology to join hands and assit our people in walks of life ameen.
Jabir A Jombosays:
Allah ya kara lafiya da nisan kwana
Najib Muhammad Munirsays:
Ya Allah kataimaki Babanmu Alh Abba ka kara daukakashi ameen.
Ameen Najeeb Na gode kwrai da gaske Allah Ysaka Ya kuma albarkacemu tare da wannan Gidauniya.
Ijeoma Pearl Okoro( née Emeanuru)says:
Alhaji Abba Ahmed was my first Boss. I worked for his Company ACHILA and ABBA graphics immediately after my NYSC in Port Harcourt and the experience I gathered has led me to where I find mysel today. He is strict, thorough, intelligent,exposed and very appreciative. His family was my first Islamic Family and the relationship that existed between his family and mine liberated me and up till today, makes me see the Muslims and Christians as one. He emphasized the need for all to live as one for the interest of peace and harmony. He took me as a daughter and related well with my parents and family. He professed that I was honest and diligent while working for him and in me he saw a straightforward, truthful and energetic young girl. I believe he Blessed me and wished me well in all my endeavours. He forecasted that I will be a great person but never to forget that he was once my Boss. I will remember that always , Majin, and thank you for all that you thought me, they are still my best priced Possessions. I am glad I saw this link and I will surely get in touch and identify with this noble idea. Mrs Ijeoma Pearl Okoro, Regional Director East, Consolidated Hallmark Insurance PLC. 08033363220
Safiya Ibrahim Khalidsays:
Salam,I’m so impressed with all I’ve read about the founder of maajinwatari foundation Alhaji Abba.I also pray from what I read that he is a kind hearted man and father to all,I hope the orphans and vulnerable children of ibnu Abbas Academy in jos will one day be proud of you sir,May Almighty Allah continue to bless and help you in serving humanity.
Rilwan Shehu Kadirisays:
May God Almighty help and guide us Amin. Maajin Watari thank you for this idea and effort, I believe this is among what we are lacking in the North. More grease to your elbour and the like of you Amin.
YOUR ROYAL HIGHNESS, ALHAJI DR. ABBA AHMED
FOR YOUR INFORMATION PLEASE; – LATEST DEVELOPMENT IN NATIONAL YOUTH EMPOWERMENT AGENCY (NYEA)
COMMENDATION FOR OUR NYEA LADY OF SUBSTANCE – AND HER UP LIFTMENT
My Dear Hon. Members,
The Board of Management of NYEA wish to publicly Appreciate the Unrivaled steps taken by our Active
Deputy Zonal/Benue State Co-ordinator, Miss Helen O. Samuel for making Benue State Chapter Flag Off, a Reality.
Consequently, She has been uplifted to a National position of the HQ Events Organising Committee Chairman and
North Central (1) Zonal Co-ordinator.
In line with our meritorious recognition of our hard working Officers, the following Benue State Chapter Officers
have also been uplifted:
1) Mr John Adams – moved up to become the Benue State Co-ordinator
2) Miss Mary Unongo Se-Ember – moved up to become the Benue State Deputy Co-ordinator
3) Mr Aondoaver Nyakuma – moved up to become Chairman Benue State Local Government Projects Implementation
4) Mr Agber Geoffrey Aondona – moved up to Deputy Chairman Benue State Local Government Projects Implementation
5) Miss Paulina L Michael – moved up to become Ogbdibo Local Government Projects Supervisor
6) Miss Aike Hussaina – moved up to Ogbdibo Local Government Projects Supervisor
7) Mr Kingsley O Attah – moved up to Ogbdibo Local Government Projects Supervisor
8) Mr Sunday Aboh – moved up to Ogbdibo Local Government Projects Supervisor
9) Mr maurice T Igbogo – moved up to Ogbdibo Local Government Projects Supervisor
10) Mr Gabriel B Alugh – moved up to Ogbdibo Local Government Projects Supervisor
11) Mr Dominic I Ahile – moved up to Ogbdibo Local Government Projects Supervisor
12) Mr Idyem Shagbaor – moved up to Ogbdibo Local Government Projects Supervisor
13) Alhj. Yahuza Getso has also been nominated to become the Deputy Co-ordinator of Kaduna State
These appointments takes effect from 1st May 2012; of course, subject to Acceptance by the Nominees.
As you can see, we promised to create New Jobs; these are some of such jobs in Benue State; and more are on the way.
We are still looking at your CVs and welcome more members to apply for positions in their State of Origin
or Residence (please be specific) as more nominations will be announced shortly.
The Executive Co-ordinators; you are allowed to choose your Deputy to be Appointed by the Board of Management,
where we have Not Named one.
Your other responsibilities and job description will be forwarded to you in due course by our Hon DCI – Chief Gaspar Ibole;
and the hard copy Letter will be presented at our main Launching at Abuja in June 2012, so be there.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Congratulations, and welcome to the Helm of Affairs of NYEA.
Long live NYEA, Long Live Nigeria.
God Bless us all and our Family
Austin A Okotie,
NYEA. Ngr. +234 809 949 1899, UK. +44 7904 855 277 AUSTINOKOTIE@AOL.COM
Could you please in
dicate how we could come together with a view to assisting our fellow country men and women.Kindly treat urgently.
Austin, I have not heard from you again.
Kindly indicate how we could come together and assist our fellow country men and women Nationwide.
MUHAMMAD I SHEHU WUDILsays:
We pray to almighty God to improve your company and ur mission
Thank you very much and God bless.
MUHAMMAD I SHEHU WUDILsays:
Allah ya taimake ka yasa Aljannah ce makomar ka
Tare da kai Ameen summa ameen Ya Rabbil-alameen.
Ganiyu Musa Olanrewajusays:
More grease to your elbow Ma’ajin. We need more of your kind to move this great nation forward. If we can have people who have the kind of mindset you have the people of this nation will be better off than we are now.
God Almighty will give you more to be able to do more for the people, particularly on infrastructure like power and water project which our people are suffering for and is holding our people backward.
Mr Ganiyu Olarenwaju.Together with people like you if we join hands we can realy move this grate Nation foward and get it out of poverty hunger and deseases, and above all get rid of coruption within our society.May Allah SWA helpus and bless this Nation ameen summa ameen.
yahuza getso ahmadsays:
wannan yunkuri ya kyautata, kuma irin haka shine bukatarmu a Arewa, Allah ya karo masu tunani da jajircewa irin haka
Na gode Allah Ya saka da alhairi kuma ya kara kawo mana jama’a masu son taimakawa bayin Allah don kyautatawa alummar mu kuma yan’uwanmu wadanda Allah bai basu hali ba.
Allah ya taimakeka ya kuma kara baka goyon baya ya kuma daukaki wannan gídauniya taka mai taimako. Ameen.
Ameen summa ameen. Na gode Allah Ya kara mana karfin hali. da ikon taimakawa bayin Allah a jiharmu dama kasarmu baki daya.Wannan yunkuri na irin wannan Gidauniya jihadine akan kowane bawan Allah. Sabo da haka muna addu’a Allah Ya dafa mana.
What a wonderful foundation. May Allah bless you. May your foundation set a good example to other well intention Nigerians to follow. I am proud of you.
Thank you very much May Almighty Allah SWA continue to guide us and give us courage to serve Allah and assit mankind particularly the less prvilige ones. Ameen.
mu’aroup atiku kurawasays:
Allah ya kara lafiya tare da nisan kwana
Alhadulilah that is a good intension, may almighty Allah accept an lead it all amin. more greece to ur elbow sir
May allah sustains you in health wealth and wisdom! I have always known how Philanthropic you are Sir. during my few years with you I have learn that leadership is got to be listening, speaking and acting in a way that mobilizes self and others to realize visions and dreams, for that was characteristic of your way of leading your community and family. This foundation will go along way in actualizing breakthroughs in the domain of human Development in Kabo, Kano, Nigeria and World at large.
Congratulations on your 70th birthday sir! May ALMIGHTY ALLAH preserve you (Good Health and Wisdom) to keep serving humanity in this capacity as chairman of this great foundation (Amin).
Abdul Rashid Alhassan
Los Angeles, CA.
Sir, really felt great and relieved to meet people with touch of human kindness like your humble self. This has reassured me that brilliant but indigent children from the north particularly girl child has hope.
Sir, I have good news for,I am a member of community based organization called Chamo Education Endowment Fund in Chamo town,Dutse LGA of JIGAWA state which I believe we share same ideals and aspirations.
I will be glad to be honored with an arranged discussion on how to explore areas of collaboration.
While waiting for your dignified response accept my best wishes sir.
Jabir A Jombosays:
Allah ya kara lafiya
Hajjiya dr fanna (sarkin yakin magajin gargajiya ta Nigeria. And national chair lady of association of commonwealth natural and herbal medicine practitionerssays:
Alhamdu lillahi mungodewa Allah daya bamu Kai a society. Allah ya Sakama da Alkairi, ya ja kwanan ka ya karama Lafiya.