The MA’AJIN WATARI FOUNDATION (MWF) was founded in April 2007 and launched on the 8th of June, 2010 in Zakirai town of Gabasawa Local Government Area in Kano State of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The founder who is also the Chairman Board of Trustees is Dr. Abba Ahmad, Ma’ajin Watarin Kano and District Head of Kabo Local Government in Kano State. Other members of the Board of Trustees of the Ma’ajin Watari Abba Ahmad Foundation are Alhaji Muzzammil A. Ahmad, Alhaji Muddathir A. Ahmad, Waheeda A. Ahmad, and Shaheeda A. Ahmad.
Allah yaji kan marigari Mai Martaba Dr. Alh. Ado Bayero
• In Maryam Shekarau Girls Islamic Secondary School Kwali, Kano City
– Donated over 3000 Books both English and Islamic.
– Set up a well equipped “State of the Art” computer laboratory.
– Donated high executive furniture in the principal’s office.
– Donated furniture to both Teachers and Students of the school.
– Provide furniture for the computer laboratory.
– Provide Generating Set.
The foundation is aimed at achieving the following future projects.
• Providing scholarship to at least 30 female students of SS 1 to graduation in the field of Medicine from each of the 44 Local Governments of Kano State and two (2) other local Governments of Jigawa State.
The above project provides the following benefits to the state and the nation at large as follows:
– Balance in-equality in Gender
– Provide Female medical personnel in the state which the state is lacking.
– Boost and promote the Health Sector of the state
– Provide more medical facilities (Human Resource) in the state
– Create job opportunities which will reduce unemployment.
• CREATE AN ISLAMIC MISSIONARY SYSTEM